DSS1 Performance Disc Road
WINNER – ‘BEST ROAD BIKE’ BESPOKED UKHBS 2015!!
The DSS1 is handcrafted performance steel at its finest. A few years ago we were ahead of the curve when we introduced disc brakes onto one of the Rapha Continental builds, and all that we’ve learnt from that project and the many disc road builds we’ve built since feeds into this. Built for the purpose of all day road riding, this bike is comfortable and forgiving but very importantly remains a lot of fun to ride. It’s quick yet stable, comfortable yet punchy, it will take the edge off that punishing climb and will blow your mind coming down… All the important factors that add up for an amazing ride.
The bike is disc equipped for comfortable all weather, all season braking and is built from oversized Reynolds 853 Pro Team tubing. Reynolds 853 Pro Team is Reynold’s highest quality, highest strength seamless air hardening steel, drawn to give an incredible ride while keeping minimal weight. Its heat treatment increases fatigue resistance, making it incredibly strong and impact resistant. We have custom selected the tube diameters, butt profiles and wall thicknesses to give the incredible ride of the DSS1.
The DSS1 is TIG welded and coupled with the excellent light weight and confidence inspiring ENVE Disc Road carbon fork. It is available in 54, 56 and 58cm sizes and includes a Chris King Inset 8 headset. There are options for Di2 cable routing and the frame will accept both cable and hydraulic discs.
Finished in deep granite grey with the striking pink to lime pearl fade it flies the ‘Signature Steel’ head badge, featuring the two Swallows, symbolic of speed and safe travel…
– ENVE 2.0 tapered steerer disc fork
– Chris King Inset 8 headset
– Chris King R45/Sapim CX Ray/ H+Son The Hydra hand built wheels
– Continental Grand Prix (25c) tyres.
– Shimano Ultegra 6800 group set
– Shimano RS685 hydraulic disc brakes (not pictured)
– Fizik Cyrano finishing kit
– Fizik Ardea Versus saddle
Complete bikes come with rider-tuned crank length, bar width, stem length and gear ratios. CAD drawing is supplied (if customer fit details are available) to ensure optimum component choice.
Custom build packages also welcomed and catered for.
And here’s what the press have to say:
“Its got ample spring in its step and a level of comfort that will save you winces if you encounter, as I did, the occasional pothole disguised as a puddle.” Cyclist, Jan 2015
“Over several weeks of testing, with a handful of other highly desirable, top-end carbon bikes sat by its side in the garage, I found myself repeatedly picking the Donhou for a ride.” Cyclist, Jan 2015
“Donhou has sincerely delivered on the promise of something ‘for all roads, all day’. Its a charming bike” Cyclist, Jan 2015
“Fabulous bike with sparkling ride and handling” road.cc, Apr 2015
The DSS1 was selected as one of the RCUK 100 where they had this to say about it:
“Of course, there’s more to a bike than its paint job, but the deep granite grey with its pink to lime fade is gorgeous and utterly befitting of the craftmanship that has gone into the frame” RCUK 100 2014/2015
If you wish to own a DSS1 please get in touch here or order through the shop via the link below.
- Frame tubing Reynolds 853 Pro Team
- Construction TIG welded
- Weight 1750g (54cm)
- Fork ENVE Disc Road (1 1/4 tapered steerer)
- Headset Chris King Inset 8
- Braking Disc brake only
- Ride characteristics Fast, comfortable and confidence inspiring
- Head tube 44mm for a more responsive front end
- Tyre clearance Up to 28c
- Disc mount type 140mm Post mount
- Front derailleur hanger Braze on (stainless steel)
- Seat post clamp Braze on
- Bottle cage mounts Seat tube and down tube (stainless steel)
- Brake cable routing Hydraulic and cable compatible
- Gear cable routing Choice of either cable or electronic
- Bottom bracket 68mm BSA
- Dropouts Donhou designed with stainless steel faces
- Warranty 5 years on frame (excluding paint)
Click here to buy now
|Small (54cm)||Medium (56cm)||Large (58cm)|
|Seat tube (center - center)||470||495||520|
|Head tube length||150||170||190|